Ara is looking for students who are ready to start a journey of transformation through Yoga. Please fill out this application so we can get to know you better and to see if this training is a good fit for you.
Tentatively beginning, mid-December beginning of January
The Kundalini Flow Yoga teacher training combines the subtle and spiritual aspects of Kundalini with the grounding, physical practices of alignment based Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga. This training is an all inclusive, empowering process that investigates the healing and transformational practices of yoga. The intent is to qualify students on their own personal path of growth and self enrichment, and if they choose to be, a teacher. Begin an initiation that taps into the flow of wisdom that is Yoga. Cultivate the awakening of ones own unique experience grounded in universal connection and the ability to authentically share it with others.
MODULE 1: The Fundamentals of Yoga
Learn the core practices of yoga in the first 100 hours. Yoga postures or asana will be broken down systematically so that you understand their basic elements, study the basics of western anatomy, learn how to creatively yet intelligently sequence your own classes, and how to practice safely as to prevent and manage injury in yourself and others. You will become familiar with key breath and meditation practices. Intro to philosophy with the Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga and the importance of a personal practice, a Sadhana. Homework will be based on learning and practicing key teaching skills and cueing.
THE FOUNDATION OF YOGA TRAINING MODULE INCLUDES
- Exploration of asana, alignment, use of props, risks and benefits
- Western Anatomy – functional anatomy as it relates to yoga practice
- Learn yoga sequences from beginners to advanced
- Verbal and hands on cueing & adjustments
- Injury prevention and management
- Yogic history, philosophy and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Introduction to pranayama and meditation
- Sanskrit use and pronunciation
- Develop your unique voice as a teacher
- Teach to groups and individuals (private sessions)
- Teach to all levels
- Sadhana – developing a personal practice
- Learn modifications and practices for pregnancy & more
MODULE 2: The Subtle Body
The second 90-hour module teaches students the fundamental philosophies and subtle energy practices of yoga. Learn how to access and balance your creative source energy and methods to attain an elevated state of awareness. Course includes an in-depth study of the subtle body, kriyas, bhandas, mantra, philosophy and meditation. Explore practices and sequencing from an energetic perspective and further develop your skills and voice as a teacher.
THE SUBTLE BODY TRAINING MODULE INCLUDES
- Philosophy – Study the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali using multiple texts
- Kriya – Subtle, physical and energy sequencing
- Pranayama – Revealing the Self through the breath
- Mantra & Intention – The power and science of using your voice
- Bandhas, granthis and Kundalini Shakti
- Meditation – Functions of the mind and meditation practices
- Koshas encompassing chakras, prana vayus, and nadis
- Ayurveda – The sister science of yoga
- Different types of Yoga – Restorative and Naad Yoga/Sound
MODULE 3: The Business of Yoga
The third 10 hour module briefly covers attitudes around abundance and prosperity, marketing, promotional strategies as well as how to teach online streaming classes and creating recorded content.
More Specifics for The Kundalini Flow TT
Because of COVID 19, I have chosen to create a very small 200hr Certified Yoga Alliance training of 3-5 local people where we can maintain safety protocol. Many of our videos will be created from this small, amazing group. I am also making it available online to give access to those who cannot be physically present. This is an opportunity to take the training in the comfort of your own home wherever you live. Everything will be recorded and shared. This is both an in-person and online training.
One of the biggest benefits is that you will be able to rewatch your favorite classes and lectures. Yoga teacher trainings are generally so content packed that it is easy to miss important information. This way you can come back and review anytime up to 6 months after the training ends.
A yoga teacher training can give you structure and grounding in uncertain times. It is truly an empowering process! Think: Change yourself, change the world.
Benefits of your ONLINE Teacher Training with Ara:
- Join the training from Anywhere!
- Enjoy a Yoga Shala Membership and have access to all of our livestream classes in mindBody and on demand classes in Vimeo.
- A variety of learning formats including pre-recorded content, online or e-manuals or a printed version ($50 extra), discussions, and LIVE training
- All sessions will be recorded and you will have access to these recordings through a private password in Vimeo.
- On-going access to ALL of the course work for 6 months after the last day of the session.
- In-person training option: gives you the chance to participate in a ground breaking new format which will become a foundation for future trainings.
- Online: No additional costs of travel, childcare, or accommodation. You can complete this training in the comfort of your own home if you do not wish to or are unable to come to our in-person sessions.
- Reference past recordings – It can be difficult to fully comprehend all the information the first time, that’s why recorded sessions are so important! You can listen to the teachings again at your own pace, each time learning more.
- Interactive participation: Be in LIVE calls where you will be seen, heard and loved! You will have the opportunity to turn on your camera and interact with others in the course discussions.
- PRIVATE Facebook group to have ongoing support during your TT experience and beyond.
- Make new connections and friends for life with like-minded yogis
Schedule: TBA (see below), this will be an intensive training, however, because it is online, extra time may be given to watch our recordings and complete projects if time is missed.
EXCLUSIVE STUDIO BUILDING PRICE – Purchase during our fundraiser 8/01 – 10/30
$2,500 (Full Price is $3,000)
YOU get this special offer of $500 OFF!
*Must be paid in full by October 30th
Studio Building Early Bird Pricing*
2,500 (August 1st – November 15th)
*Payment plans available
$3,000 (paid in full)
*Full payment required starting October 30th – November 13th
Payment plan details:
> Payment plans available to Early Bird registrants (August 1st-October 30th)
> A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due to secure your spot
> Payment plan is two payments of $1,100
> The second payment is due on or before November 13th
*Some scholarship funds are available for dedicated practitioners. If in need- please fill out the application and request scholarship consideration.
Pay in Full or Make a Deposit
Sign up early as space is limited. The tuition is non-refundable, however we understand that unique circumstances arise, if you need to postpone the training, you may transfer the funds to Ara’s next 200-hour training.
Every other weekend: Saturday and Sunday will be intensive from 8am to 6pm.
Twice weekly meetings: Tuesday 12-2pm OR 4-6pm. Friday from 5-7pm for philosophy and discussion.
*While this schedule will be the basic structure, Ara is still deliberating on the details as she receives feedback from those who want to do the training. Ultimately the final schedule will be decided by the group dynamic.
Are you interested in this training? Please fill out our application:
Do you have any questions? Please send Ara an email. 🙂