It’s easy! Read through this entire list first, then follow all the steps.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your MINDBODY account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us. Click link below to do this.
- Set “firstname.lastname@example.org” as a contact in your email so your class links always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam.
- View our class schedule online in MINDBODY the same way you always do.
- Sign up for any class with “ONLINE LIVE STREAM” in the name and check out normally. (Check our current class specials on the Livestream Classes page) You’ll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
- Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Your wifi speed and whether you are sharing or streaming other devices and platforms like YouTube can greatly affect quality.
- A decent bluetooth speaker can greatly enhance your quality of sound.
- Click your unique link a few minutes before class is scheduled to start.
- If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately.
- If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
That’s all there is to it! Thank you for staying active and being a part of our community. Looking forward to seeing you in (virtual) class!
HAVING TROUBLE GETTING YOUR LINK?
- Sign into your MINDBODY account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us.
- If you do NOT HAVE a MINDBODY account (never visited The Shala) Go to MINDBODY by scrolling to the bottom of this article and click “Register for Livestream classes” please set up an account with your preferred email then come back here and complete the rest of the steps.
- If you do not have or remember your password, you can set your password by selecting ‘NEED PASSWORD” under the MINDBODY login and….YAY! Follow the prompts to set that up and you are good to continue with the rest of the registration steps! 🙂
- IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT BUT CANNOT SIGN INTO MINDBODY, This means you need to have the email you gave us when you filled out your waiver to log in. IF YOU DO NOT REMEMBER WHICH EMAIL IT IS, PLEASE EMAIL US USING THE FORM BELOW AND GIVE US YOUR PREFERRED EMAIL. Once we have inputted this email into your account, you can set your password by selecting ‘NEED PASSWORD” under the MINDBODY login and….YAY! you are good to continue with the rest of these steps!
- Still not getting your link? If you have gmail, check your promotions tab, it’s probably there. Check your spam folder as well. If you still can’t find it, send us an email through the form at the bottom of the page at least 20 minutes before class so we have time to send you the link.
For the best streaming experience…
For the best experience, you’ll want to join from a device with a microphone and internal camera.
We strongly advise that you setup your Zoom account prior to your first class.
Once the class begins, the teacher will automatically mute everyone to ensure that the video footage stays on the teacher. It is helpful if you can double-check this by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. You can unmute yourself if the teacher initiates conversation. Otherwise, all communications should come via the ‘chat’ feature during class.
Keeping the video of yourself streaming demands more of your WiFi. If you are finding that things are lagging or getting fuzzy, we recommend turning off the video feed of your home. When you do so, your name will still appear and you will still be able to a participant in the class.
If for any reason other students become the main image you see, click on your teacher’s image and select ‘Pin Video.’
If you have props that you’d like to use, please have those setup and ready and to use prior to the class starting.
If you need technical assistance or to request a sliding fee “means based” class pass, please email us and we will get you set up.