Highlights and Accomplishments
- Certified Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga instructor.
- 200 hr RYT, YACEP, and 200 hr E-RYT, insured, with current CPR/AED
- Director and lead instructor for “Power Vinyasa Yoga”, 200 hr RYT Yoga Alliance certified, Teacher Training programs.
- Expertise in designing and instructing innovative Yoga classes in Baptiste Yoga, Power Vinyasa, Slow Flow, Gentle, and Restorative traditions.
Yoga Instructor in Spokane, WA
The Spokane Yoga Shala April 2016 to present
YMCA, Central & North locations January 2012 to present
Yarrow Hot Yoga Studio & Wellness Center March 2012 to February 2016
- Designing and instructing creative all –level yoga classes for a wide range of clientele and fitness levels.
- Encouraging and inspiring each yoga participant to experience the many benefits of a consistent yoga practice.
- Yoga instruction in Baptiste, PowerVinyasa yoga, Power Yoga, Yoga Flow, Gentle yoga and Resotrative Yoga & Meditation styles.
- Intelligent and Creative design for workshops: Inversions, Pranayama and Slow Flow and facilitating the “40 Days to Personal Revolution” Programs.
Exhale Spa, Boston, MA May 2004 to August 2011
Prana Power Yoga, Newton Corner and Cambridge, MA October 2010 to August 2011
Healthworks, all facilities, Boston, MA June 2010 to August 2011
- Yoga instruction in all levels of Vinyasa power yoga, Gentle yoga, Music Yoga Flow and Yin/restorative classes.
Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Instructor, May 2003 – October 2010
@ Baptiste Power Yoga Institute, Cambridge, Boston and Brookline yoga studios, MA.
- Hired to teach full time in Baron Baptiste’s Boston studios.
- Successfully completed Certification training and approved for Certification.
- Taught and Assisted a wide variety of Hot Baptiste Power Vinyasa yoga classes: All-Levels, Intermediate, Basics, and Rest & Renew yoga classes.
- Created and led these yoga workshops: Foundations of Flow, Deepening Your Practice, Pranayama, and many 40 Days to personal transformation programs.
Vinyasa Yoga Instructor September 2002 – May 2003
- Dhyana Yoga, Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- 105 Yoga, Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- Aquatic and Fitness Center at Riverside, Philadelphia, PA
Owner & director of “Baptiste Power Yoga” June 1997 – September 2002
Mainline Health and Fitness Club, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Coordinated teachers, class scheduling, and yoga workshops.
- Managed successfully all levels of this yoga business.
- Instructed six to eight vinyasa power yoga classes per week.
- Presented workshops with Baron Baptiste, Gary Kroftsow, Peter Sterios, and other renowned yoga instructors.
- Taught these yoga workshops: Beginning Power Yoga Basics and Intermediate Power Yoga.
Education & Related Professional Experience
Certification renewal CEC’s with Baptiste programs, including “Advanced Art of Assisting” (2015), 3 day Immersion @ Yoga Journal Estes Park (2014), 2 Day Immersion with Baron Baptiste Yoga Journal, San Francisco (2012).
200 hour teacher training hours with Baron Baptiste, including Level 1 & 2 programs. (2001 & 2002).
RYT 200 hrs Yoga Alliance (2003); E-RYT 200 hr, (May 2012); & YACEP (2015)
+14,000 professional teaching hours.
Professional Landscape Designer & Contractor, Philadelphia, PA (1991 – 2002)
Associate Degee, Landscape and Nursery Management; University of Maine, Orono, ME (1989 – 1991)
Professional Modern Dancer, performing and teaching Dance: University of Maine, Mexico City, El Salvador, Bellingham, WA, Seattle, WA, LaFayette, LA., Philadelphia, PA, Curitba, & Florinopolis, Brazil. (1982 – 2001)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, Environmental Design; Huxley College of Environmental Sciences at Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA (1978 – 1981)