Kundalini Flow, a Hatha/Vinyasa & Kriya Yoga, energy Training
With instructors Ara Lyman, Anna Molgard, Rhea Slichter, Cami Cote, Susan Hall and Sarah Rusnak.
This training follows an integrative approach to yoga, grounded in asana and alignment principles and synthesizes them with the ancient Kundalini and Tantric traditions. We will also focus on cultivating our energy, our life force/prana. This training also includes a level one Reiki certification with Cami Cote. The intent of this training is to create a path for practitioners to live with greater awareness and to help others to do the same. The practices include asana, bandhas, pranayama, mantra, Kriya, Reiki and a detailed comprehension of the subtle/energy body.
The Kundalini Flow Yoga teacher training combines the alignment precision and physical focus of alignment based Hatha Yoga such Iyengar and Ghosh yoga with the subtle body properties of Kundalini Kriyas and energy awareness of Reiki. This training is a wide-ranging, positive process that explores the healing and transformational aspects of yoga and connects you to your inner self. It bestows knowledge and technology that has been passed down from teacher to student for thousands of years to address and connect to our deepest selves and potential and then to apply that knowledge to our present day requirements and intentions. We want to prepare and assure your greatness as a teacher and to cultivate comfort and confidence in all that you do in service and healing for others. The potent and influential experiences that come from yoga practice and the incorporation of a personal Sadhana and Reiki help you blossom and refine a simple, genuine sense of your true nature.
Begins Saturday, October 6th, ends Saturday, January 20th
*After initial Saturday;
Fridays 6-8pm, Saturdays 9:30am – 11am & 12pm-4pm,
Sundays 8am – 12:30pm & 1:30pm – 5pm
The dates of 1/18 – 1/20 being make-up days
*schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen shifts that may occur.
This 200 hour program covers:
The Yoga Foundations
- Asana/postures, optimal alignment, using props, risks and benefits
- Western Anatomy – Lead by Anna Molgard, functional anatomy as it relates to yoga practice
- Creating sequences for all levels
- Hands on adjustments lead by Rhea Slichter
- Injury prevention and management
- Yoga history, philosophy and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Introduction to pranayama and meditation
- Developing your teaching voice and power
- Practice teaching in groups and with individuals
- Prescriptive/individualized practices for your students
- Sadhana – developing a personal practice
- Prenatal modifications and practice
The Subtle Body, Kriya, Naad & other aspects of Yoga
- Chakras, koshas, prana vayus, and nadis
- Bhandas and Kundalini Shakti
- Philosophy – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Pranayama – Creating energy balance & self awareness through the breath
- Naad Yoga/Mantra – introduction to sound healing and the power of chanting/mantra, Lead by Susan Hall
- Kriya and Energy sequencing principles – Generate/ Organize/ Deliver
- Meditation – Functions of the mind and meditation practices
- Ayurveda – Lead by Sarah Rusnak, The science of life and optimum health
- Different types of Yoga – Restorative/Yin
- Holy Fire Reiki – Lead by Cami Cote
Unlimited practices at the Shala will be included in your tuition.
support from Ara and other staff participating in the training.
- A minimum of 6 months of consistent yoga practice.
- Familiarity with The Yoga Shala, and Ara’s style of teaching.
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 1 class weekly (besides the Saturday 9:30am class) and to practice at The Shala or at home regularly during the program.
- Full commitment to the program.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO LEAVE THE PROGRAM AFTER I’VE STARTED?
We understand that sometimes life happens. In the unfortunate event that you are forced to withdraw during an active training program, you will be missed! Refunds for active trainings are processed on an individual basis, and are generally prorated based on the length of time spent in the program. There will be no refunds after November 20th. When circumstances permit, we can also discuss the possibility of transferring you to another program. Please email Ara at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
IF I AM PREGNANT, CAN I STILL APPLY?
You are more than welcome to apply and enroll, but we do not recommend it. Whether or not you are new to yoga, this may not be the best time to dive into something as intense as motherhood and a yoga teacher training program all at once. We pack a lot of movement and activity into the program, and both yoga training and pregnancy require many demands of your body. To do both could be very stressful, physically and mentally. We recommend revisiting the possibility once your baby is born and you are feeling the support to be away from family. If you do enroll, please consider the timing of your delivery, as you will be held to the same attendance standards as students who are not pregnant.
IF I AM INJURED, CAN I STILL APPLY?
Injuries are addressed on a case by case basis, but if it can be safely managed during training, then yes. Most of us have an injury (minor or major, emotional or physical) when we embark on the yoga journey. A vital part of teaching yoga is learning how to make modifications and/or adaptations for individuals with injuries. Throughout all of the practice sessions during your training, modifications are offered and anatomy is discussed. Please email email@example.com to discuss further.
IS THERE ANY HOMEWORK?
Yes, there is homework. There are also regular quizzes to ensure that everyone learns the essentials and is prepared for the final exam.
DO I NEED TO READ ALL THE BOOKS BEFORE START OF PROGRAM?
Please do your best to read as much as you can before training starts.
WILL I HAVE TO WRITE PAPERS?
Yes, there are homework essays. If English is your second language, please know you will receive full support and extra assistance to help you through.
WHAT KIND OF CERTIFICATE WILL I GET?
Yoga Alliance 200-Hour Certificate
Required reading (subject to change)
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing A Personal Practice by T. K. V Desikachar
- Divine Alignment by Guru Prem Singh Khalsa
- The Yoga Sutras of Patañjali: A New Edition, Translation, and Commentary by Edwin F. Bryant
- Prana and Pranayama by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
- The Anatomy of Exercise and Movement for the Study of Dance, Pilates, Sports, and Yoga, By Jo Ann Stugaard-Jones
- Kundalini Yoga, Sadhana Guidelines by Yogi Bhajan
- Yoga Sequencing, by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Adjustments, by Mark Stephens
A journal, White Clothes for teaching your final classes.
- Gong Yoga, by Mehtab Benton
- The Mind: Its Projections and Multiple Facets by Yogi Bhajan
- Praana, Praanee, Praanayam by Yogi Bhajan